As an artist-owned performance venue, live/work studio space, and community-focused cafe and bar, we are breaking new ground in Baltimore. As leaders in one sense, we hope to lead in other ways too. This Code of Ethics is a declaration of our organization’s intentions and standards for creating and
maintaining a safe, radical, and transformational space of art and community innovation.
We champion and commit ourselves to the following principles:
- Unjuried and uncensored art and programming.
- Creating and maintaining live/work spaces that are safe and accessible to all people and walks of life, free from harassment and discrimination.
- Actively supporting and highlighting a diversity of art-makers and art-lovers regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation. This will be achieved through both programming choices, studio allocation, and staffing.
- Providing open platforms for expression and intersection.
- Providing support and sharing institutional knowledge with other artists, from grant-writing to navigating real estate.
- Cultivating an environment of experimentation, mutual respect, and transparent ongoing dialogue in the interest of growth, radical transformation, and a deeper understanding of our work and the work of our invested communities.
- Acknowledging the limitations of ourselves today while laboring toward a more positive and impactful future.
- Leading with empathy and integrity, and an overarching goal of fostering kindness and compassion toward each other and the world around us.
- Working to achieve all the above, while searching out and amplifying other voices in our community.